As we posted already, there is a new online randevu system since may 18, 2015 – which you should use if you want to apply for Residence permit (ikamet) in Turkey or make your existing one renew.
Here is step-by-step short tutoral which will help you to understand some details better. ( some of our example photos are for istanbul, but you can apply it for other turkish provinces as well).
1. You should go to the new website of Migration department in Turkey: Goç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü and scroll down till you see the icon E-ikamet:
2. After you press this icon, you will see 2 buttons: left one – for first application or for changing type of Residence permit (ikamet) and the right one – for renewing your existing Residence permit (ikamet). Also for your convinience, you can switch language to English (small buttons at the up right corner).
3. When you press button of First application, you will be redirected to the page with rules and conditions, here is the post related with that rules, you can check: Changes in online randevu system
4. Next page is a long form you should fill in. Turkish name of it is İkamet beyanname formu. The fields marked with dark-red letters have to be filled in, and other ones with black color of letters – are optional. If you are a first type applicant, leave empty the field Turkish ID number – as you will get this number after you get your ikamet.
Make sure you have ready an electronic format of your biometric photo at the time of your application filling in process, as you will need to upload it. Without photo system will not let you pass to the next step.
Here is the basic explanation about sizes and proportions of biometric photo (but every photo studio usually knows that rules):
All application form is in English so it is easy to understand which info to write down and where. Be aware that if you apply for Family type of Residence permits (ikamet) – also system will ask information about your spouse (or your info if you apply for your child).
5. After you filled in all fields and uploaded photo, you will go to the next page, where you will see full list of documents which should be ready for your appointment date (or sent by post, if you make extension). In general, requirements for documents still are same as before. Here is the example how it looks like, if you apply for tourist type of ikamet:
Be aware that before system send you to the page with documents list (shown above) you will be noticed how much is your fee according to your country of citizenship. Here is an example, how it looks like for American citizen:
For sure your own page will include only your fee you will have to pay according to your citizenship. Place of application (randevu) system will determine automatically as you were writing down your turkish address into the application form.
6. Next step is choosing your randevu date and time. Here is example for Istanbul:
If you have randevu date which you have taken before May 19, 2015 you should make its renovation in system – for that purpose you will have special field where you will choose date and time for your existing randevu.
In turkish variant it looks like this:
7. After you finished with your previous page, your appointment will be scheduled and you will see the final page reminding you which documents you should provide, how much fee you should pay and your randevu date, time and address.
For Istanbul it looks like this:
This page includes your personal randevu number, list of documents and fees. You can pay your fees at dıstrıct Vergi dairesi (tax office) or Ziraat bankasi.
There is a link for your Ikamet application form marked with blue color – you can press on it to be able to save your Ikamet form you just filled in before. You need to print it out in color and sign by hand.
If you need information about which documents you need to make ready and how, you can follow our website main menu Residence permit (ikamet) and Documents.
We would advice you to fill in your application form at desktop or laptop, or if you use tablet – make sure you have Adobe reader on it as your Ikamet application form (Ikamet izni başvuru belgesi) which you will save and print out is in PDF format.
For now, system just started its work so there is a chance of some bugs and errors in it. If it shows you some mistake pages or calculate wrong rates for your application fees, we would advice you to wait for a while and try again later. I hope all errors will be fixed soon. It will be very precious if you will share your own experience with this new system – you can do it here below in comments or at our Facebook official page stayTURKISH for english speaking comunity in Turkey .