Detailed guidance about using new online system to renew your existing Residence permit (ikamet):
1. Go to the official website of Migration administration of Turkey (Göç İdare müdürlüğü) and scroll down untill you see the button E-ikamet:
2. Choose Uzatma ( Application for Extension).
The system will show you small application form you need to fill in :
– first 3 letters of your name
– пfirst 3 letters of your lastname
– your ID number ( this is your TC geçici kimlik numarası, its written on your existinf ikamet plastic car, or you can find it out here: Learn my TC kimlik no. )
3. If your info is correct, system will make you pass to the next application form. Оnly fields marked with dark-red color are must to be filled in. Other ones are optional.
If you are applying for Family ikamet renewal, you will be asked to fill in also information about your spouse at the part: Destekleyici (Supporter). Or if you are applying for your child you will finn in there your info.
Your insurance info:
for Private insurance – choose the expire date of it
for SGK insurance – choose the date 2 years later from your Ikamet expire date.
your photo should be biometric
made during last 6 months, with open face and white background (Photo studios know that rules though) You will tell them to make “Biometrik foto (resim)” for you. Ask a copy of this photo in electronic way as JPEG, you will need to upload it while your online application. So, take also memory stick.
4. Your application form is filled in. You are redirected to the final page with your application number, fee amounts, address for sending your documents package by post PTT and list of documents.
Make sure you saved your application form (İkamet başvuru belgesi и İkamet müracaat belgesi) from that page by clicking on link (it will be downloaded in PDF format).If you dont save, you will not be able to find your application online later and you will have to fill in all from beginning. So the best way is to use desktop or laptop for application.
You need to print your application form out in color!
5. Make your 2 fees payment
You will be asked to pay 2 type of fees and get 2 separate payment slips – dont forget to ask while payment about double copy of each slip. You can pay at any district Vergi dairesi (Tax office) or Ziraat bankasi started also to accept payments. You should have your personal application number (shown at the last page while online application, mix of numbers and letters) , your previous ikamet and passport.
Ask double copy of your payment slips
6. Send your A4 size envelope with your documents according to the list, 1 each of payment slips and application form by post PTT. There is NO RANDEVU for renewal.
Package you gonna send should include: all required documents (according to the list) + colored application form + 2 fee payment slips. . Envelope must be A4 size, and sent by PTT courier or other cargo courier (taahhütlü mektup).
You must send your envelode during 5 business days after you filled in your application form online.
Your application counts as finished when Migration office got your documents and started proccess. If all is fine, During 90 days after that date you will get your Ikamet card by post (PTT) .
-you can use this renewal option for : short-term (for ex. touristic, or real estate owners), family type and student Residence permits (ikamet).
– you can start your online application for renewal during last 60 days of your existing ikamet and till the last day of it.
– dont send your passport! Only copy!
– After your online application, fee payment and sending documents by post you have right:
stay in Turkey – even if your existing ikamet expired untill the new ikamet arrived
while existing ikamet not expired yet – freely travel out of Turkey and come back
travel out of Turkey with expired ikamet – allowed for 15 days. For that put a stamp and sign at your Migration office on the paper you printed out before – Ikamet application form and attach your second copy of 2 payment slips.
– Migration office has right to ask from you extra documents or knowledge.
– system will calculate your fee rates by itself. It will depend on your country of citizenship, previous ikamet expire date, ikamet type, term of new required ikamet, if you are married with Turkish citizen or not and other points.
– if some of the documents are absent, you can send it during 30 days
– Migration office may contact to you via SMS or email, so make sure your phone number and email you are writing down at your online application are working good.
Be aware that all emails from Migration office will have only “…….@goc.gov.tr” address type – if you will get any other emails, be aware of internet fraud.
if you have randevu taken before may 18, 2015, you will be asked to write down its time and date during your online application.
This system is new so there is a chance of some bugs and errors. Please be patient and try again and again later untill you will get your application completed. Migration administration is working on its solving.